Sign up | Login with →

FASTER Carbon Pricing Mechanisms

October 2, 2015 by David Hone

Last week New York hosted the Papal visit, the UN General Assembly with 150 world leaders gathered, and Climate Week. Arguably this had the makings of a bigger coming together than COP21 itself, although many other issues were also on the agenda, such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals.[read more]

Community Solar: PV for the Rest of Us

October 2, 2015 by Coley Girouard

Community Solar and Local Energy

More and more, across the U.S., consumers want access to solar energy. However, only 13.5% of homes have rooftops suitable for solar. In what many are hailing as the solution - community solar - the remaining 86.5% of households could benefit from solar power as if the panels were installed on their homes.[read more]


Rural Electrification in Rwanda: Technical and Policy Challenges

October 1, 2015 by Vivian Li

Rwanda Energy Poverty and Access

Rwanda, a small, landlocked country in East Africa, has demonstrated an impressive commitment to moving past the tragedy that befell them in the early 1990’s. Today, the country is ambitiously running forward with its development goals, including energy access.[read more]

Low Oil Prices: Why Worry?

October 1, 2015 by Gail Tverberg

Oil Prices and Economic Anxiety

Most people believe that low oil prices are good for the United States, since the discretionary income of consumers will rise. There is the added benefit that Peak Oil must be far off in the distance, since “Peak Oilers” talked about high oil prices. Thus, low oil prices are viewed as an all around benefit.[read more]


Change Ahead: Cutting Carbon from U.S. Highways

October 1, 2015 by Wisconsin Energy Institute

Highway Carbon Costs

What will it take to make a cross-country drive in a light duty vehicle a low-carbon pursuit? According to Paul Meier, it will take a combination of three advances: a large increase in the adoption of electric vehicle use, a huge uptick in biofuels production, and a change in the habits of U.S. drivers.[read more]

Shale Gas Development in China Aided by Government Investment and Decreasing Well Cost

October 1, 2015 by U.S. EIA: Today in Energy

China and Shale Gas

Although reliance on natural gas imports has increased in the Chinese energy market, future shale gas production in China would help to meet natural gas demand as the country faces difficulties in developing other natural gas resources, including coalbed methane.[read more]

Notice: Undefined index: q in /app/public/sites/all/modules/devel/performance/performance.module on line 133