- I’d like to contribute content to your site. How do I do this?
- My post did not appear on the site. What happened?
- Why was my post title changed?
- How are articles chosen?
- What is your comment moderation policy?
- Do you accept press releases?
- Can I sponsor or advertise on this site?
- Do you do link exchanges?
- How do I delete my post(s)?
- How do I delete my account?
I’d like to contribute content to your site. How do I do this?
My post did not appear on the site. What happened?
Posts are submitted via RSS feed or composed directly on the site. All content you see on the site has been approved by a content moderator.
Why was my post title changed?
With the exception of minor spelling and grammar corrections, site moderators do not make editorial changes to blog posts without first consulting with our writers. We do reserve the right to change headlines in order to make our stories more visible to search engines. We make our best effort to notify writers in advance about proposed headline changes.
How are articles chosen?
Here’s what we look for in publishable material:
- Posts that deal directly with our specific subject matter (see the list of subjects we publish on)
- Articles that help “frame the issues” providing community members with an overview that adds value and puts conversations into perspective.
- Information that appeals to a broad range of people.
- Articles that are written in clear, journalistic style.
- On-topic content that excludes obscenities, marketing content, or blatant self-promotion.
Do you accept press releases?
We don’t typically re-publish press releases on our site. That said, please see our steps on how to add content to the site and what we look for in publishable material for guidelines on what is likely to be published.
Can I sponsor or advertise on this site?
We offer several different levels of sponsorship for this site including the following (please note that some sponsorship types might not be available depending on existing sponsorships):
- Complete site sponsorship
- Partial site sponsorship
- Sub-section sponsorship
We also offer various advertising opportunities on our sites and other properties:
- Banner ad inventory
- Newsletter additions or dedicated marketing email campaigns
- Event listing and promotion
For information about site sponsorship, please email email@example.com
Do you do link exchanges?
We do not do straight across link exchanges. We do, however, offer advertising opportunities on our sites and newsletters.
I’d like to delete my post(s)
There are two types of posts that you might be seeing in our system: published posts created by anyone and unpublished posts created by you.
Published posts came to use via RSS or were posted directly on the site. These posts were approved by our content moderator and become part of our link structure. We do not typically take down published posts unless we determine that they should not have been published in the first place or are based on completely incorrect information.
If you have a published post that must be taken down, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I’d like to delete my account
Please contact our support department to delete your user profile from the system. To discontinue site newsletters, please click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the latest email.